Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time for Cereal!

Gage has been more and more interested in our food when he sees us eating. He reaches for it, drools over it, gets very excited about it...
I wanted to hold off as long as possible before introducing solid foods, but Gage has let me know that he is ready! So last night he had his first experience with rice cereal.

He wanted to suck on the spoon as I fed him. The more he ate the worse the faces got. I don't think he liked it very much. It wasn't quite as messy of an experience as I expected.

I am wondering if he will learn to like it or do some babies just don't?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, so LOVE this photo of Gage in the highchair! He just gets cuter all the time.
Not to worry about the cereal. It will take some getting used to, but he will learn to love it! You could just continue to try reintroducing it. There's no rush since he's only 5 months. I say that and then think, how can he be 5 months already?! Time is flying too fast. Somehow I have to get down there to see that boy.