Thursday, June 18, 2009

Presents? I Have Presents?!

Craig's 29th birthday came and went with no pictures...no cake...no eating out... but there were presents...

Craig informed me last week that he would be flying to New York for a day business trip the following Wednesday. I immediately said, "On your birthday?" And he said, "That's my birthday?" Leave it to a guy to not pay attention weeks in advance to when his birthday would be!

So off Craig went at 5:00am on his birthday to catch his flight. I did manage to sneak a birthday card from me and one from Gage onto his front seat. Other than that, he did receive a few happy birthday emails and phone calls throughout the day. When he returned home at 10:30 that night he was welcomed with our teething baby's crying from his crib. (I was thinking, perfect timing! :)

After the birthday boy was ready for bed we talked about his day. I finally asked, "So when would you like to open your presents?" "Presents? I have presents?!" It was about 11:00pm and I was thinking it would be sometime in the future, but oh no, he went and got them from the table where I had them waiting and brought them in the bedroom. I said, "Wait! I need to take some pictures!" But there would be no picture taking this birthday. At least he liked his presents! (a Dave Mathews Band cd, "Horton Hears a Who" movie, a Moorman Clothiers gift card and an Iowa State pull-over jacket, for all those who are curious! :)

No comments: