Thursday, January 21, 2010

some days are like that

The boys and I stayed in our pajamas yesterday. No time for me to really do anything to myself, and no energy to hold Gage down to do anything to him...He is a little booger these days while changing his clothes or his diaper! We are entering the "Discipline Stage" and I don't like it! His strong will mostly comes out during any "changes" whether it be diapers or clothes. And he has transitioned from getting into the garbage to getting into the toilet lately! So with my days full of chasing Gage away from the toilet, and bouncing Eli in my arms, I have decided that staying in my pajamas is ok...forgetting to brush my teeth is not...but some days are like that...

3 comments:

Finding Joy said...

I have 2 very strong-willed little ones...my first boy, Max, and my most recent little guy, Tate. Both have caused me to seriously consider leaving them in the same diaper the entire day because diaper changes were so challenging! :) I always have to remind myself that God made them with their strong wills, and that hopefully someday it will serve them well in what God has planned for them! Doesn't make a diaper change any easier though. :) Hang in there, Mama! You are doing great!

Sara said...

Heidi! It's okay to stay in PJ's all day! Do what you have to do.

Holly said...

Did you seriously just call your first born a "booger?!" HA HA HA! Welcome to the joys of parenting. I promise that someday you will have time for yourself again. But raising a strong-willed child is forever hard work. It will pay off. Just stick to your guns and never ever cave in!!! You are in charge oh mighty mother!!