Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pella Friends

It's always fun to do a little something out of the ordinary, don't you think? Last Friday we did just that. After the boys woke up from their afternoon naps we headed to Pella for the evening. Craig had a little meeting with this guy, seen here with Gage at 4 months:


Mike.
This picture was taken during Tulip Time a little over a year and a half ago. Mike looks just the same, but wow, what a difference a year and a half makes for a baby! :)

Mike works at Central College and although I graduated from there I never knew him until he and Craig became colleagues through a Central/QAS project many years ago. Since then we have traveled on a few business trips together...and bumped into each other at Tulip Time. Craig has been in touch much more often than that. I met his wonderful wife Sheryl a few years ago, but didn't really get to know her until Friday night. What a special person she is! They both are, so I just had to dedicate a post to them! Our boys were particularly "high maintenance" that night, but they were so gracious and laid back. That is just who they are.

Unfortunately I was not thinking and did not get a picture of both of them on Friday. I am so mad at myself! But I did get some pictures from my phone at the library...We had a little time to kill while the guys were meeting at Mike's office before dinner.

Gage found the perfect little spot for us to make a mess...



And look at books.Eli's face just cracks me up! He wanted that Clifford book Gage has so bad, but is making do with another one, for now.


Well, somehow he managed to get it away from Gage and now is as happy as a clam! :)

No comments: