Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am Crafty

Craig said the funniest thing to me the other day: "You really like to make things don't you. You know what I'm realizing...you're crafty."

After all these years of making cards, and blankets, and a few scrapbooks here and there, etc. etc. he finally gets it. I love to craft! I get so excited to read crafters' blogs and dream up new ideas for projects. I've started out small over the years but I'm just now on the verge of big things, because I have a new sewing machine! Craig got it for me for my birthday and I can't wait to use it! Now if I can just find the time to get it out...

Here are a couple things I was working on leading up to the holidays:

I'm really not much of a fan of scrapbooking. When I'm on a roll I love it, but I am too much of a perfectionist to enjoy it for long! But I made one for Gage for his first birthday and now Eli, and will carry on the tradition. Beyond that, digital scrapbooks all the way baby!

I'd rather be making cards or something like this:

I used wood blocks, specialty paper, stickers and Mod Podge to make a "Countdown to Christmas" gift for some special people in my family...

And of course the fleece blanket for Craig's grandparents:

My problem is I come up with ideas a little last-minute and put myself through stress and my husband through torture (or so he says) as I work like mad to get things done. Well, I'm going to try to be different this year and plan ahead! So I have roughly 343 days until next Christmas!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Craig is so funny!! So he just finally figured out that you're crafty huh. He makes me chuckle! Keep up the good work Heid. I so enjoy all of your great ideas. xoxo