Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Yummy Recipe

I love it when people post good recipes on their blogs! I'm always looking for a new dish to prepare for my family. Awhile back I got one off of my friend Laura's blog (thank you Laura!) that I have to share too. It was yummy to begin with, but after making a few adjustments I think it's the best homemade pasta I've ever made, and my hubby agrees!

Creamy Chicken Pasta
1 1/2 lb. pkg. boneless/skinless chicken breast tenderloins (about 8-10)
1/4 C. butter
1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing
1 can Golden Mushroom soup
1 can Cheddar Cheese soup
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. white wine (I use Holland House cooking wine)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
Penne Pasta (or your favorite pasta)

Place chicken inside greased crockpot. In medium saucepan melt butter. Stir in dressing packet. Add soups, softened cream cheese and wine. Whisk until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic. Stir to combine. Pour over chicken in crockpot. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours. Serve over pasta.

Please let me know if you try it and what you think! It's a new favorite at our house! Gage loves it too!

1 comment:

Angie Mowery said...

I made this last night for dinner. It was really yummy! However, it does make quite alot. Thanks for sharing, Angie Mowery