Friday, July 23, 2010

7 Month Eli


Dear Eli,

The months keep passing faster and faster and now you are our adorable chubby 7 month old! The day you turned 7 months old it was the eve of our big move. I didn't know how it would happen with all of my time and attention spent on you and your brother, but with the help of your dear Grandma E, our home, the only one you and Gage have ever known, was packed up and ready to be transferred across town. Now we are adjusting to our new home and I know as soon as you are able to move and groove you are going to love it as much as we do!

As hard as it is to believe, because I couldn't possibly love you any more, I think we have bonded more than ever in this past month. Maybe it's the need you've developed for your mama that no one else can fill. Maybe it's that smile that melts my heart. All I know is that I can't get enough of your chubby cheeks and pudgy little legs.


In the past month you have developed the skill of rolling over! You don't stay on your back very long...very soon after we put you down you are onto your tummy. You haven't quite mastered rolling over again, so I am glad that you like to be on your tummy for awhile and you don't do any rolling in your crib!

I love the way you reach for my cheek or my chin when you are taking your bottle. You love to just squeeze me, or run your fingers through my hair. Even when your little fingernails are digging into my skin I cherish every moment!

Look at those long eyelashes! And messy face! You have the most beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. You get comments on them all the time. And the messy face - happens every time! (I'm not sure if you move around a lot or I am just a crazy feeder!)

My sweet, sweet boy. You require a lot of love and attention, but you give back 100 fold. I will hold you and kiss you forever, or as long as you'll let me. You are our bright shining little doodlebug.

Loving you always,
Mommy

No comments: