Saturday, April 17, 2010

4 Months Old


My dear sweet 4 month old:

You are my precious, precious boy! You are growing fast so I am making the most of every moment I can cradle you in my arms.

This past month has been quite a month! Sadly, you had your first illness - RSV. It even put you in the hospital for 2 nights. You still aren't quite over your cough. I will be so happy when you are 100% healthy again!

You are eating 8 oz. of formula every 3-4 hours! At your 4 month check-up you weighed almost 18 lbs. and measured 26 in. long! You are in the 90th percentile for both weight and height. You now wear 6-9 and 9 month clothes. You are one big boy!

You are grabbing for things now so you enjoy the hanging toys over your bouncy seat and car seat. You like to have something soft in your hands so we have lots of little blankies handy. You also seem to really like your pacifier these days so we keep those handy too.


Daddy can make you laugh the most! I get lots of smiles, but Daddy gets the laughs. We love to hear it. Daddy will make silly faces and tickle you over and over until your giggles run out!

You just had your first week away from your Mama, and it was much harder on her than you. You were in great hands - first Grandma E came to spend a few days with you and Gage, then GrandMary and Aunt Holly. Daddy and I needed some rest so we took a trip to The Bahamas. I cried all the way there and then off and on throughout our trip! I missed you and Gage so much! We had a great time but we are so happy to be home with you, right where we belong.

You keep growing strong, my sweet sweet boy! I love you so much, I am bursting at the seams! Your beautiful smile brings sunshine to my heart, and your sweet little hands always reaching for mine brings tenderness to my soul. I am the proudest Mama there ever could be!

Loving you always,
Mommy

No comments: