Thursday, March 4, 2010

Colic

Well, it's official. Eli has colic. And not just a 3 hour a day colic, it's all day colic. I know I've been talking, hopefully not complaining, about it for awhile now so I know it's not a surprise to anyone. I've just been holding out hope that we could blame it on an allergy or acid reflux and get it fixed!

Now I can say we've tried everything...different formulas, acid reflux medicine, chiropractic adjustments, a natural supplement called "Calm", and as of noon today, got his poopy checked. In a way I wanted something to show up there to give us a reason and a solution, something non-serious of course. But it is also comforting to know that there isn't anything wrong, he's just extremely fussy.

These past 11 weeks have been the longest of my life (Craig would agree). Really, what is God trying to teach me/us through this? I say that a little exasperatedly because honestly sometimes I am angry at God for not answering my prayers for an easy baby since I am also caring for a one year old at the same time. BUT I am holding on to that it is surely something good, and I am cherishing the happy, smiley times with my precious boy when I get them. I know there are women out there who so desperately want a child and would take a colicky one in a second, so I know I am so blessed to be able to hold mine. I try to remember that often!

But I still wonder how much longer will it last?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there---it will get better soon then you can enjoy your precious baby boy. They are all different. Holly was colicky and oh so fussy but when it was over she was the sweetest baby and so good. Just savor those happy moments. Been there. Mom xoxo