Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tulip Time!

It has been a very long time since I have been to Pella's Tulip Time! When I was a college student at Central, I went every year and have fond memories of the Dutch Dancers, yummy poffertjes (mini pancakes w/powdered sugar), walking through the crafts with my mom, and of course the beautiful varieties of tulips!

This year we missed the Dutch Dancers, it was too crowded to push the stroller through the crafts and we were too tired to spend much time looking at the tulips! But I did get my poffertjes. :) We still had fun with my mom, Holly, Craig, and Will! We ate, watched the parade with friends Greg, Emily and Landon, walked through Central's quiet campus (nice to find a refuge), and ate some more! Mom, Holly and I ate at George's Pizza, our favorite restaurant in Pella, while the Craigs took the boys to Dr. Salami's, only to find that it had closed, so they hiked to Pizza Ranch (suprisingly Craig H is not a fan of George's Pizza - crazy!). It was a treat to be "kid-free" and us girls had a great time catching up!

We found a place to park at Central and were walking through "Grand Central Station" when we heard a "Craig!" We looked over and saw our dear friend Mike Lubberden. What a God-ordained coincidence for us to be at the same place at the same time that busy Saturday!

Holly, Will, Craig on Central's campus - such an adorable family!

Mother and Daughters

No comments: