Monday, February 23, 2009

The Bassinet

So the time has come to move Gage out of our bedroom. Last night was his first night away from me, and it was a little sad. As much as those gurgles and grunts and squeaks have kept me awake over the past several weeks, they have also been reassurance that our baby is still breathing! But I am the one who told Craig that it is time. (He says he was ready weeks ago of course!) If Gage's bedroom could only be across the hall...but unfortunately it is directly beneath our bedroom, which is a million miles away! So for now his bassinet is in the living room. I can't wait for him to sleep through the night, and I can't wait for him to be in his crib, but that means he will be sleeping so far away and I can wait for that!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh, I hope things go well with moving him out. I always slept better, really when the babies were out of ear shot. And I think they did too.
You are a good mom, already, and don't hesitate to cry it out. Mine really haven't ever stopped since Audrey leaving the hospital.