Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Goodies

I give credit to my mother for my love of holidays! Growing up she would always make them special, in very simple ways. Just waking up to my valentine gift waiting for me on the table every Feb. 14 was so fun!

This year, more than ever, I really got into Valentine's day! I think having children to indulge makes it so much more fun, even more than indulging my sweetheart (sorry hon!).

It all started with the adorable yarn hearts I found in a magazine that are super easy to make. Just a little homemade corn starch glue, yarn, and heart shaped cookie cutters are all you need!


To start the day off right the boys found their little presents on the table (red baskets from Hobby Lobby filled with Target dollar spot items) and then we had heart-shaped pancakes.

Eli still doesn't really have a clue what's going on, but he liked his pancake!

For lunch we cut out cheese hearts.

Between breakfast and lunch a little neighbor friend and her mommy came over for some Valentine fun (playdoh, coloring, and cookies!).

During naptime I worked like mad to finish Craig's homemade gift (a heart-shaped candy box filled with his favorites - Reeses PB Cups!) which I had to redo after a frustrating battle with the hot glue gun. The gun won the first round but I eventually conquered!

I did not expect it to be so challenging! The boys' homemade heart cards are the best part. :)

These are the cards we made for the grandparents:
The card I made for Craig: Which I presented to my sweetheart after the boys went to bed, along with steak, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and this:

Whew, what a much needed treat after some very early mornings and late nights lately due to a teething baby/toddler (still not walking yet, can he be called a toddler??), and long days trying to keep my head above water! There just seems to be so much to do and so little time these days.

But how I love to craft...and will always make time for that, even if it is at the last minute! :)

No comments: