Friday, February 25, 2011

Gage-isms

My sweet Gage is 2 years and almost 2 months old now. Being that age, he can truly exasperate me and stretch my patience sometimes, but mostly...Oh how I delight in him!

Our bedtime ritual consists of this these days:
We read books, say prayers, sometimes rock and sing, and then every time I lay him down he says, "Wait Mama, wait Mama!" I lean on his crib rail and say, "I'm waiting sweetpea." And he relaxes and smiles and we talk about things like what he is going to dream about. Usually "Thomas" is first on the list.

The camera is his favorite "toy"! He loves to take pictures of himself, and other things as of late. "My's" is his word for "mine". Something about that makes it easier on the ears. Although I am sure his little brother doesn't think so.

He so cutely and neatly lines his cars and trucks up in a train.
And then little brother comes along...You can see he's starting to move his cars away from those approaching little hands...

"I need that _____!" is his newest phrase. He fills it in with whatever he thinks he needs at the time.

He says in the sweetest voice you can possibly imagine, "Holda Mama, holda Mama" when he wants me to pick him up...usually it's a ploy to take him out of the grocery cart so he can walk, or have me put him up on the counter, etc. He sure knows how to get me to do it.

His belly is his favorite place to draw on, and place stickers.
Gage is definitely a typical two-year-old who likes to test the limits, but more than anything he makes being a mama so much fun!

No comments: