Saturday, December 4, 2010

Catching Up

I have some catching up to do! First on the list: My dad's time with us.

It was great having him live with us for 2 1/2 weeks. We made the downstairs office into a bedroom so he could be close to a bathroom and not far from the main level. I think it was pretty cozy. The boys and I made lots of trips down to visit him. He came up for meals and "exercising" (walking laps around the kitchen and living room).

I hope he doesn't mind me posting half naked pics of him! :) Gage enjoyed watching him shave and trim his beard.

During the two Mondays he was here I drove him to Iowa City for his follow-up doctor appointments. We had some good talks. The day after he left Gage was wondering "where Papa" was? And I had a little spot of emptiness in my heart. It was odd to not see a light on in his room first thing in the morning, and to not make his coffee at the crack of dawn, among many other things that had grown into habits during the time he was here.

Dad was anxious to get home and be his independent self. I can't blame him. But we'll always have good memories! I'll take you in anytime Dad! :)

No comments: