Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy 11 Months Old Sweet Eli!

Dear Eli,

You just turned 11 months sweet boy! And something major has happened in the past month...you started crawling!! One day you took a few scoots forward and the next you kept going and going! I am loving it! You are so happy to get where you want to be now. And so far you don't seem the least bit interested in the stairs so I don't have to worry about you! We'll hope that continues.

But I have been finding you up to some mischief...


And in some pretty cozy places too.


You have recently started taking an interest in books! Up until now you just wanted to flip the pages or chew on them. Over the past few weeks we have started a new naptime routine. After lunch we go up to your room and read books with you on my lap and Gage next to us in the double rocker. Your favorites are the books he liked at your age too! (Peek-a-Boo I Love You, Tell Me Why the Stars Do Shine, Where is Baby's Belly Button?)

You seem to be liking a lot more foods now! You will try almost anything we put in front of you: green beans, banana, bagel, spaghetti, pulled pork, half of a cake donut... (I never would have done this a year ago! :-)


I am soaking up every minute I get to feed you your bottle. I know that it won't be long and I won't get to do that anymore. We're already starting to add milk to help you get used to it. I'm just not ready to give up you being my baby yet. So will you please stop growing so fast?! And will you let me hold you forever? No matter how old you are, or big you get, my lap will always have room for you.

I love you sweet pea! And I will always be.
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Eli an enjoyable and precious boy, especially when he isn't exercising his lungs!

Holly said...

Well looky here! A picture where Eli is not holding his crotch! Ha! Mr. Cuteness just gets cuter by the day! Can't wait to see him in a few days-- and of course the rest of the Engelbrecht family. :)

Pamela said...

I had to laugh at the picture with the books. 20 years ago I was picking up books several times a day. My "babies" still love books so it was worth it!