Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Big Hurdle Crossed

A few months ago I had the idea that Craig and I should take a little trip before the new baby comes and leave Gage with Grandma and Grandpa. I first thought Galena would be nice, but later decided to stay closer...

The time came this last weekend. Honestly, I was looking forward to it, and dreading it at the same time. As I have posted before, I am a worry-wart and can't stand the thought of Gage being hurt or lonely or scared! Well he did great, according to Grandma and Grandpa! And so did I!

We started out our "date" with a movie, something we just don't get to do these days! Then we checked into our B&B, the Beiderbecke Inn, located in downtown Davenport overlooking the Mississippi.


That night we walked to a great restaurant called, The Woodfire Grill, which was recommended by our very nice innkeepers.

The food was fantastic! But it was a good thing we weren't in a hurry because the wait was excruciating. We found out they were short-staffed and busier than they expected to be. Without complaining to anyone (but each other!) we were given a very nice surprise upon leaving...the owner himself came over to us and apologized for everything, handing us a gift card for two free entrees so we can come back and see what the restaurant is really like. We were impressed and we will definitely go back!

On Monday morning we had a delicious breakfast and enjoyed visiting with the other guests, a fun benefit in staying at a B&B. Before heading back to Craig's parents we went down to enjoy the view of the river (and take some silly pictures).

We had a great time and will surely do it again soon, but I couldn't wait to get back to Gage! And just as I predicted, he didn't get too excited about seeing me! He was a little preoccupied with being cranky when we got there since it was getting close to his naptime. But I didn't care, it felt so good to be the 3 (1/2) of us again!

1 comment: