Monday, June 20, 2011

Saying Goodbyes...

It is becoming more and more real that we are moving away. We are experiencing "lasts" now... Last week we had some of our favorite visitors here:

Aunt Holly and Will. (They do have a husband/father whom we love very much too...he just can't always make it! :)

We will miss their visits. My sister openly admits that she does not drive long distances so we will have to wait until Uncle Craig can come too now...hope that's a lot!!!

Eli had his 18 month check up with Dr. Swanson. It was our last time to see him. I admit I choked up a little on the way there!


Here is Eli with Dr. Swanson at 3 months.

We love Dr. Swanson! We will miss him!

On Saturday we had a "Farewell Open House" with lots of great friends. It was terrible not being able to spend more one-on-one time with everyone, but I enjoyed it anyway. We felt very loved. Oh, we are going to miss friends like these...


Then on Sunday we experienced our last service at church. I really lost it during the last worship songs when I was thinking about all that has happened in that special place over the years...being baptized there, meeting Craig there, dedicating my boys there...and I could go on and on.

It's really bittersweet for us. We have so many special friends and memories in Ames. But we are excited to establish ourselves in a new place. May we do our part to make our new community a better place because we are there!

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a tear-jerker!! I miss you so much already! :( Once again may I say what a beautiful way you have with words. It is a gift. Don't ever stop expressing yourself in writing.

Heidi said...

Love you Holl. :)

Angie said...

Are you & Holly really both married to men named Craig?

Heidi said...

Ha! Yes we are. :)