Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Toddler Fun

Oh the joys of toddlerhood! I am loving it! Gage is so curious and explorative and funny. This is a typical sight in our house:


I can't prepare a meal in the kitchen without him at my side with arms up exclaiming, "I see! I see!" It is too cute for me to ignore so up he goes into my arms and I try to stir, or whatever it is that I'm doing, one-handed for as long as I can. Many times I sit him on the counter to watch...until his hands are into too many things.

With the mosquitoes being so thick this summer, we spent a lot of time indoors. Here are some of the fun inside activities I came up with:

The "Fun Tub".It is way more fun being in the fun tub!

A less messy "Fun Tub".Gage's portable "Fun Tub" contains pipe cleaners, straws, clips, tubes, and a fake ladybug. I change it up often. He likes it okay, but he'd rather be doing this:

We were so lucky to have this slide left behind by the previous owners of our new house. He didn't have anything to do with it outside so I cleaned it up and brought it inside. Now he can't get enough of it!

Finger-painting with pudding.
Before...
After...
Gage likes to make artwork and get messy. But he really enjoys being active. Like helping me put the dishes away from the dishwasher.

We believe in starting them young! :)

It may take some extra effort, but the benefits of keeping the tv off, getting creative, and encouraging your child to be active and get creative too are so worth it!

No comments: